Kids & Young Adults (ages 0-17):
Take advantage of a great opportunity to pay overdue fines on your account, just by reading!
Read Down Your Fines takes place Monday, November 25, 2019 through Saturday, January 4, 2020.
How it Works:
- Download a Read Down Your Fines form or pick one up at a Mesa Public Library service desk.
- Read! If you’re too young to read, have someone read to you.
- Fill out the form indicating title(s)/author(s) of what you read, whether you’d recommend what you’ve read to your friends, and the minutes you read. For every 20 minutes of reading done by/with the child/young adult, Mesa Public Library will reduce the overdue fines* by $1.00 on the account that reflects the charges.
- Have a responsible adult sign the form.
- Bring the form to a service desk at any Mesa Public Library and we’ll waive eligible fines. Forms must be filled out and returned to any Mesa Public Library by January 4, 2020.
So get reading! For questions, call us at 480-644-3100.
Sorry, only kids and young adults age 0-17 are eligible to read down their fines.
*Only overdue fines for Children's and/or Young Adult reading material will be waived, other fees and charges are not applicable. Each form will be applied to one account; forms are not good towards multiple library card accounts. There is no cap on the amount of overdue fees for Children and/or Young Adult reading material that can be waived. Amount waived will not exceed the amount on account (no credit on account).