Interlibrary Loan Policies/Guidelines
For Our PatronsInterlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service offered by the Mesa Public Library. If you need a book, or audiobook we do not own, we can try to borrow it from other libraries. We also can try to obtain photocopies of magazine, journal and newspaper articles from periodicals that we do not own.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is available to any patron with a current Mesa Public Library card who is in good standing with the Library.
- It can take 2-5 weeks for us to receive the ILL materials.
- The following materials are not available through ILL:
- Items we already own
- Music CDs
- Rare books
- New materials published within the last 6 months
- Popular items, or books/audiovisual materials that are in demand
- Newspapers and manuscripts (unless available in microform; microfilm can be used in-house at the Main Library only)
- Entire issues of periodicals
- Reference books or special items that libraries do not loan
- Patrons may have a total of six (6) ILL requests (including ILL items checked out) at a time.
- Overdue fines are $1.00 per title per day.
- A $2.00 expired hold fee will be charged for ILL items not picked up.
- ILL materials may be returned to any Mesa Public Library location, but materials must be returned to the Service Desk (ILLs cannot be returned in the book drop).
- Please do not remove the label attached to your ILL item - the label is needed to clear your account.
- The loan period is set by the library that lends the material to us. Interlibrary Loan materials cannot be renewed, and due dates cannot be extended
- Patrons must adhere to any special restrictions of the lending library.
- Patrons are responsible for damage or loss of materials that they have checked out via ILL.
For Requesting Libraries
- Mesa Public Library will loan to other libraries any circulating item that is on the shelf when the request is made.
- Mesa Public Library loans books, magazines, audio books, video recordings, interactive media, audiovisual kits and photocopies of periodical articles. The Library does not loan Reference materials, microforms, DVDs, music CDs, or archival materials, such as those housed in the Mesa Room.