- Reserve your items online through My Account. Please make sure your contact information is accurate.
- You'll receive a notification once your items are ready. Once you've been notified, you may pick up your items only during Park & Pick-Up hours. If you have any question about whether your items are ready, log into your account, go to Requests and make sure it says Held next to the item. Be sure to bring your cell phone and library card or account number (located along the bottom of the bar code on the back of your card) with you.
- Upon arrival, follow the posted signs to find the designated parking area and pull into a marked parking spot.
- Call the posted phone number, select your library branch, and provide staff with your library card number.
- Open the trunk or back door of your vehicle so a staff member may safely place your items inside.
- Wait in your car until your items are delivered and staff has stepped away.
- Enjoy your library materials.
- What if I already had an item being held for me when the library closed?
- All items on hold when the library closed will remain on the holds shelf until at least May 30th. You will not lose your place in line for an item you have on hold. You will not be charged a fee for not picking up a held item while the library is closed.
- How long can I keep my checked out items?
Starting Tuesday, May 19, Mesa Public Library will be offering our guests the option to pick up library materials curbside through our Park & Pick-Up Service.
The service is available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays from 8:00am - 11:00am. No appointment is necessary, just arrive any time within the posted hours.
How to Use Park & Pick-Up:
Staff and Guest Safety
Park and Pick-Up Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request library materials?
You may place holds on all circulating items by searching the online catalog and selecting the "Place Request" button next to the item.
Requests are limited to 25 items per customer at a time. Once your hold is available for pick up, you will be notified. Please check that your preferred contact information is current through your My Account feature.
What time may I pick up my items?
Park & Pick-up Service is available at all 3 Mesa Public Library locations, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, 8-11am
How do I know if my item is ready to pick up?
You will receive a notification when your item is ready. When viewing Requests in your account, an item that is ready to pick up will say "Held" under the Status heading.
The Status of my Request says something other than "Held," what does this mean?
Pending: when you first place your Request, it takes the system a bit of time to process. Your new Request may stay in Pending status for up to 72 hours.
Active: You are in line to receive the item you requested. The Hold Position tells you where you are in line (ex. 2 of 10).
Shipped: Your item is on the way to your chosen Pickup Library from another one of our branches.
Held: the item is ready for you to pick up at the next Park & Pick-Up time. The last date to pick up your item will be displayed. Please ensure the Pickup Library listed is correct.
Cancelled: your Request has been cancelled.
Who can use Park & Pick-up Service?
This service is available for Mesa Public Library customers with a current Mesa Public Library account.
E-card users are not able to utilize this service; an e-card allows access e-resources only.
Who can pick up my items?
Anyone may pick up your items, they must have your library card number (located along the bar code on the back of your card) and be prepared to provide it after calling the posted phone number.
How long will my holds be available for pickup after I receive notification?
Your holds will be available for 14 days from the date that you receive your notification that your item is ready for pick up.
- When our libraries closed, we set all due dates for items that were checked out to July 1st. Items checked out using the Park & Pick-Up Service from May 19, 2020 going forward will be subject to regular loan periods.
No holds have been placed on them by other library customers and/or
The current amount owed on your account does not exceed $10.
Our Auto Renew service will automatically renew your eligible items on the due date, up to a maximum of four times, as long as:
Can I still use this service if I do not have a car?
Yes. Please proceed to the area designated for walk-up service and call the phone number listed. A staff member will provide you with instructions.
Where do I return items?
Park & Pick-Up staff cannot accept returned items. Please return items to the book drop. All Mesa Public Library locations' book drops are available 24/7. You may return your items at any of the open book drops, regardless of which location you picked your items up from.
Why are items I have returned still showing as checked out on my library account?
In order to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers, we are placing all returned items into quarantine for a minimum of 3 days before checking those items in. Depending on the time and day you return an item, as compared with library hours of operation, it could take 3-5 days for your library account to reflect a returned item.
How do I renew my Mesa Public Library card?
You may renew your Mesa Public Library card online through our website: Renew My Library Card page