Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Statement: Updated 3/26/2020
Out of an abundance of caution, and to support other preventive measures underway, beginning Monday, March 16 the City of Mesa, Arizona is closing all Mesa Public Library facilities. All library events and room reservations are suspended until further notice.
We are working to minimize the impact to patron accounts due to this closure. No fines and fees will accrue to patron accounts until we reopen, and cards that expired within the last year have been reactivated through April 30. Due dates, as well as pickup dates for items currently being held, have also been extended until we reopen. We encourage you to keep items at home until the library reopens.
All of the library's online collections remain available.
For more information about the library during this closure, please see our Closure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Updates will continue to be provided at mesalibrary.org, mesaaz.gov, and our social media channels.
We encourage our patrons to remember, the best way to reduce the risk of getting sick and to avoid COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Use the links and resources provided to get your information from a credible source:
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Maricopa County Public Health Department – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Arizona Public Health System COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
- City of Mesa - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)