Custom Book Lists for Gifting
We all have one on our holiday gifting list. You know who we're talking about--the person impossible to shop for. Whether they have everything or have hobbies you don't fully understand, you're considering another year of gifting socks. Save those socks for another stocking--we're here to help!
Give your special someone an official, librarian-approved and personalized list of reading recommendations. Provide us with a little inspiration - the recipient’s favorite books, movies or podcasts; a fun shared memory; their Instagram handle, etc. – and we’ll create a print or email-ready giftable list. It's personal, thoughtful, eco-friendly, and they'll think of you whenever they read! You could even make an event of it; gift the list then visit the library together.
Here are examples of lists we've created before:
- Books for a little girl who loved picture books featuring gingerbread
- Books for animal lovers
- Books for the friend you call when you can’t take another second of the family gathering
- Books for the sibling experiencing a quarter life crisis
- Books for the saltiest person you know
- Books for your super fun and outgoing aunt
- Books for the person who thinks math is fun
You will need to make your request by Dec. 19 to have the list in time for Christmas. Requests can be made at mesalibrary.org/booksjustforthem.