As a library volunteer, you’ll be helping to provide everyone in our community with life-enriching experiences. Well over 200 volunteers play an important part in the success of this busy, popular library. Volunteering for the library can be very rewarding. You’ll benefit by:
- Working in a friendly environment.
- Meeting new and interesting people.
- Gaining a feeling of accomplishment.
- Learning about the library and all its resources.
- No overdue fines.
- 25% off in the Used Book Store.
- Mileage reimbursement for seniors in the East Valley Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP).
- Access to City of Mesa trainings.
- Service Learning Credit Hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Those aged 14 to 17 require a signed waiver from a parent/guardian.
What Volunteers Do:
- Bookstore Sales and Sorting
- Braille and Talking Book Library- Reader/Director/Repair- Main Library only
- Building Support Services
- Collection Support Services
- Computer Help Desk
- Homebound Services
- Online Book Sales and Research- Main Library only
- Program Services
- Shelving Services (Sorting, shelving, holds)
- Summer Reading Program
- THINKspot Spot Leader- Red Mountain Library Only
Click here for Volunteer Job Descriptions
Click on the library to view the available volunteer opportunities.
How to Apply:
Complete a volunteer application form. Once your form is submitted, someone will contact you to set up an interview.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinators:
For Red Mountain, Dobson Ranch or Mesa Express Libraries, contact:
For the Main Library, contact: