We’re user friendly at the Mesa Public Library
The Mesa Public Library wishes to foster a climate of respect, comfort and welcome within library facilities for all library patrons and staff. Everyone is asked to abide by the following:
- A responsible adult must attend any child under ten years of age, within eyesight, in any section of the library.
- Personal items carried into the library should be small enough to fit under a chair and not left unattended or placed where they would impede traffic.
- Smoking or other uses of tobacco or tobacco products is not allowed.
- Selling, soliciting, posting or distributing any goods or services for money or other consideration is not allowed inside the library or on library grounds.
- No animals except service dogs are allowed in the library.
- Behavior which can be expected to disturb library patrons is not tolerated. Such behavior includes but is not limited to:
- disorderly conduct
- loud or abusive language
- radios, cell phones, tape players or other electronic equipment used in a manner which disturbs other patrons
- sleeping in the library
- placing of feet or shoes on library furniture
- taking off shoes or going barefoot
- intentionally damaging library property and the library facility
- All patrons must follow the library’s Internet Use Policy.
Violations can result in loss of library privileges, including borrowing privileges and access to library buildings, for up to 1 year.
Library and Security staffs are authorized to suspend some or all library privileges for any violations of these rules. Repeated failure to abide by library rules will result in expulsion. Appeals may be made to the Library Director, whose decision is final.